Kansas CHW Core Competency Course
The Kansas Community Health Worker Coalition selected the Kansas Community Health Worker Core Competency Curriculum from the Mid-America Regional Council as the standard curriculum.
If you would like more information about upcoming training cohorts, please contact Diana Lady at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHW Curriculum & Service Learning
- 100-hour training
- 60 hours service learning
- Evaluate process
- Develop strong partnerships with other instructors in Kansas
- Service learning handbook & online curriculum
- Through partnerships with the Kansas CHW Coalition and Kansas State University Research and Extension a team of instructor teach the course.
- Kansas CHW core competency-based
Instructor Curriculum (a.k.a. Train the Trainer)
- Train the trainer curriculum
- Current CHWs as instructors
- 12 in-person hours
- Lesson plan development
- Adult Learning Theory & Popular Education-based
- Teaching roles, boundaries, communication, facilitation, and mediation
- Final project preparation and delivery
- Single or pair of trainers
- CHW core competency-based