Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Heads the local health departments across the state. The KDHE also provides education services through KS-TRAIN and additional resources for public health, environment, health care finance and laboratories.
Kansas Health Departments
Directory by County
Majority of the health departments in Kansas provide medical services, WIC information, and information for additional resources in the state. Use the link to find the nearest health department.
Medicaid for Kansas
Kansas Ombudsman Office
Do you have questions about KanCare/Medicaid? Do you need help? Kansas Medicaid, known as KanCare, can be hard to understand.
The KanCare Ombudsman Office can help with:
- Answers to questions
- Resolving issues
- Understanding letters from KanCare
- Responding when you disagree with a decision or change
- Completing an application or renewal
- Filing a complaint (grievance)
- Filing an appeal or fair hearing
- Learning about in-home services, also called Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Listen, offer ideas, resources and options
- Be respectful, encouraging, resourceful and helpful
K-State Research and Extension
Working to address grand challenges facing the state, including global food systems, water, health, developing tomorrow’s leaders, and community vitality.
Kansas Initiative for Stroke Survival (KISS)
KISS is organized as a four prong approach to the care of acute stroke.
- Organize and partner with EMS to provide screening, evaluation, and routing to ensure the fastest and safest delivery of care.
- Provide Education and support to ANY hospital that desires assistance in evaluation and treatment of stroke.
- Assist with the transport and evaluation/treatment through a network of both Primary and Comprehensive Stroke Centers;
- Improve the publics knowledge of stroke to provide the opportunity for treatment.
How does KISS do this?
- By providing free education at all levels for providers in each of the 6 ambulance regions in the state of Kansas through Stroke Bootcamps, “First Tuesdays” 30 minute stroke webinars, and statewide case reviews.
- By providing a free Physician 24/7 stroke support line to assist with the evaluation and decision on treatment/transfer for any of your stroke patients.
Certification/Attestation for Emergency Stroke Ready Hospital.